Read the situations and write sentences from the words in the breckets.
- You went to Jill’s house but she wasn’t there. She had gone out.
- You went back to your home town after many years. It wasn’t the same as before. It had changed a lot.
- I invited Rachel to the party but she couldn’t came. She had arranged to do something else.
- You went to the cinema laat night. You arrived at the cinema late.The film had already begun.
- I was very pleased to see Tim again after such a long time. I hadn’t seen him for five years.
- I offered Sue something to eat but she wasn’t hungry. She’d just had breakfast.